based in Melbourne, Australia
Release date: December 2017
Platforms: App Store, PC
"Frog Souls" is a retro arcade / rpg game depicting the adventure of a sword wielding frog who is awoken and sent on a quest. With simple gameplay and an immersive atmosphere, the player could experience the tense action of duels and the quiet moments between.
This is the second iOS game of Tristan Slywa and the first to be a paid App. Interrupting an Arts Degree to commit more time to game design in 2012, he was never too adept at coding languages or art. Luckily the accessibility of modern design programs allowed him to create small games with a retro style. Preferring the simpler gameplay and art of older systems like Commodore 64 or NES, with the atmosphere and ambient sounds of modern titles, each game and idea prototyped got him one step closer to finding his style; using minimal controls with a vibrant atmosphere. In Frog Souls, these elements work together to create a sense of immersion and accessibility for the player.
While the game is set to release in the upcoming weeks, many test players have logged multiple sessions playing Frog Souls and praised its minimalist design and depth of story.
- Hours of gameplay and secrets
- Cool hats, weapons, and powerups! Customise your character
- No two runs will play exactly the same
- Die / retry! Keep your powerups and items as long as you have life
- 20 unique enemies, 4 unique story bosses and 4 unique hidden bosses
- Side Quests and rare items, even after hours of playing
- Original soundtrack and SFX
- Equip rings to change gameplay, unlock areas...
- Find friends to fight alongside you